Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Day

Today's post will be short. My mother always told me, if I couldn't say anything nice, than I shouldn't say anything at all.

After a meeting with other agriculture teachers from my section, I felt that my job was literally hanging in the balance as our state legislature is deciding upon what is important in my profession. This part of my job is none-too-fun, and often makes it hard for me to speak with college students who are potential ag-teaching candidates.

State legislatures, riddle me this: when you take away all of our fundamental values as educators, and all states bordering us, with strong or stronger agriculture industries, how am I to recruit students to stay here and endure a job that is less than appealing?

I'm off my soapbox for the day, as I've continued to ponder this question for the past 24 hours.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Until then...be safe and happy, and may you find joy in something small today!


No comments:

Post a Comment